Saturday, January 31, 2009

Review: The Shack

This book was given to me and I've been told by many that its great. Honestly? I think I would connect to the storyline better if I had children or had suffered my own Great Sadness. However, this is book isn't bad. I really liked the conversations between Mack and Papa! They were amazing! I could read the conversations over and over because they weren't about the storyline necessarily. They were relevant (unlike Napoleon) but they are the types of conversations you've always wanted to have with God or with a friend about God. They aren't just nourishing and balm-like because of the subject matter but because the author does a superb job at relaying unconditional love in every word spoken by Papa. At the end of the day I give the book as a whole a 4 out 5 stars. The dialogue though? 10 out of 5!

No comments: