Friday, March 14, 2008

Books Can Bring Us Together

I have a two hour gap between classes this semester and have made a habit of getting coffee and a chicken wrap for lunch then going up to the quad to sit outside my philosophy class. I sit out there in the arcade reading and drinking tea. Its very nice. Today a guy approached me and asked me how I liked Atonement. I'm not a fan of strangers but he seemed nice so at first I humored him. Then we got to talking about books. We talked for about an hour. It was great! I love getting to talk about things I love and its a rare experience that someone will listen to my opinions. He even wrote down a few suggestions I had made. Sometimes strangers can make you feel better about your day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

rose, that is a great name!
and just wanted to say i love the red hair :)