Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Floral Books

I started reading The Secret History of the Pink Carnation last night. I definitely feel that pull to read more of it and find out how things will play out. I love, love, love that it goes back and forth between the modern era with the story of Eloise Kelly and the past time of spies from the English government evading the French authorities and all the adventures that go along with it. One thing: I can already tell that I will completely annoyed with the way that the author has the 18th century characters speaking. They use modern language and sentence structure. I know its nit-picky but I do like this book. That one thing is annoying me though. After this I plan to continue with the series that this book is in. I might need a break from the weird speech, though. We'll see.

No comments: