Friday, March 7, 2008

Joy Luck


So I started and finished Amy Tan's The Joy Luck Club last weekend. I loved it! My favorite thing about it is that even though the circumstances are different, I totally understand the "my mother is crazy and you have to watch what you say around her" syndrome. I also enjoyed the look at Chinese culture. (I love foreign countries; I want to live in one someday.) It helps that it was written by a Chinese woman. I think she knows a little more about living in the culture than most people.
I also found my copy of Atonement. Natali is reading it right now as well. Its like a momentary book club! :o)
Speaking of a book club... Anyone interested? I've always wanted to be in one but never knew anyone else who wanted to do it. Barnes and Noble offers them online but somehow that seems fake.

No comments: