Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Supreme Annoyance

Today I encountered every reader's nightmare. I'm reading a book that I think is a bit dumb (despite being written by a Harvard Grad School student) but I still want to know what happens. I set page goals for myself to get through this book quickly. At one point I realized that about 120 pages gets repeated in the middle of this particular edition. Whatever. I can skip over it. It bothers me but, oh well. Then I get to page 262. I get to the end of the page... and... then... what? That doesn't work with what she just said! You can't randomly interject people into a seen if they weren't there before! Entrance is needed! Dear God! Then I look up to the top of the page. 327? No. No! NO!!! Yes.... 65 pages of my story are GONE!!!!!! Poof! Not included. Why do you need to know what happens? Ugh! I was so wanting to get through this book and onto the next one. Now I have to go to the library and hope they have this book. And I can't take it back to Borders because I don't have the receipt and I took the sticker off of the back. GRRR! Onto another book for the weekend. The Pirate book is short so maybe I'll with that one since I can most likely finish it before going to the library on Monday.

No comments: